April 16, 2010

Friday's for The Guys

Ok I'm really gonna cheat this week and refer you back to my Waiting on Wednesday post on the new series by Rick Riordan - The Red Pyramid.  Sorry - I know it's lame but really it's gonna be a great book for guys - I just know it! Here's how I know it.

  1. Adventure
  2. Action
  3. SAME AUTHOR AS THE PERCY JACKSON BOOKS - for the amount of boys I have reading Percy Jackson right now, the only thing I'll need to say is that it's the same author.  I know they'll try it!
  4. My commenters are right - thanks all!- it doesn have similarities to the 39 Clues books.  I'm reading the first one aloud to my 7th graders right now, so I can use that to promote it!
Ok go back to my WEDNESDAY POST and be reminded how great the new Rick Riordan book sounds :) and next week I promise I'll be less lame!

3 comments:

  1. My son is 10 years old. Do you think this is too old for him? He reads Harry Potter and 39 Clues. Thanks for your opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read it BUT if he's reading Harry Potter and 39 Clues I would bet they'd be just fine for him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have this pre-ordered ever since I first saw it. Cannot wait.

    ReplyDelete