April 14, 2010

Waiting on Wednesday April 14

This is inspired by a meme hosted by Jill over at Breaking the Spine. In this post I talk about books yet to be released that I'm excited about OR already published book's I've seen that I'm really wanting to read. I also like to try and find books other bloggers aren't sharing so that more books are shared!

This week I'm waiting on:
The Red Pyramid (Kane Chronicles #1) by Rick Riordan

From Goodreads:
Since their mother’s death, Carter and Sadie have become near strangers. While Sadie has lived with her grandparents in London, her brother has traveled the world with their father, the brilliant Egyptologist, Dr. Julius Kane.



One night, Dr. Kane brings the siblings together for a "research experiment" at the British Museum, where he hopes to set things right for his family. Instead, he unleashes the Egyptian god Set, who banishes him to oblivion and forces the children to flee for their lives.


Soon, Sadie and Carter discover that the gods of Egypt are waking, and the worst of them--Set--has his sights on the Kanes. To stop him, the siblings embark on a dangerous journey across the globe--a quest that brings them ever closer to the truth about their family, and their links to a secret order that has existed since the time of the pharaohs.

Why I'm Interested! Why are you not interested????? I mean really after the amazing Percy Jackson series how coud you not be excited for this one??? What's really great is that now I can move my readers who love Percy Jackson to this series since it's by the same author.  There is a great chance they'll enjoy this one too.  Besides all that the story sounds great.  Lots of action and suspense.  So now to just get to May 4th!

4 comments:

  1. I'm eager for this one too. It also has a sort of The 39 Clues vibe in that it has a brother and sister as the main characters. The 39 clues books are extremely popular with my middle graders of all reading levels.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm waiting for this one too! There already is a long holds list for it at the library and there are still 3 weeks until it is published. I think that Kathy is right that The Red Pyramid will also be popular with readers who liked The 39 Clues.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, my son and I are DYING for this one! Dying, I say!! :-)

    ReplyDelete