Thinking on Thursday Dec 31 - Top 10 Books Read This Year


My Top Ten Books of the Year


These are the top ten books I read this year. They aren’t books that came out this year – just books that I read. They aren't in any order.  For each book I’ll give a 1-2 sentence “capture” of my thoughts about it.  If I reviewed to spotlighted the book, I'll link to it.

1. When You Reach Me by Rebecca Stead: The gasp I gave when everything clicked into place. Amazingly crafted.

2. Life As We Knew It by Susan Beth Pfeffer: Never again with I take for granted having running water. Stuck with me for weeks.


3. The Dead and the Gone by Susan Beth Pfeffer: Body shopping to survive in New York.

4. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins: As good as everyone said it was!

5. Midnighter Series by Scott Westerfeld: So he can write books just as good as, if not better than, the Uglies series.

6. Savvy by Ingred Law: Tattoos that talk and watching a young girl grow up – just lovely

7. Vladimir Tod Series: A vampire that isn’t perfect or drop dead gorgous. Finally one I can really cheer for!

8. Walk Two Moons by Sharon Creech: I knew I’d cry for one event. The second one really got me!


9. The Wednesday Wars by Gary D. Schmidt: Shakespeare as seen through the eyes of a 12 year old – laughed and cried.

10. The Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan: One thing after another - barely time to breath

5 comments

Juju at Tales of Whimsy.com said...

Love love love your list. I need to read the ones you consider better then Hunger Games. :)

Kathy Martin said...

Great list of books. I have to add a few of them to my TBR pile. Thanks.

karinlibrarian said...

Great list. I haven't read THE WEDNESDAY WARS or SAVVY. LOVE all the others though. Especially Vlad!
Karin

Mrs. DeRaps said...

I hear you about Life As We Knew It. I read it recently and then we lost power for about a day and a half. I was thinking about storming the supermarket for supplies and trying desperately to conserve batteries. Sounds slightly neurotic, but that book definitely left an impression on me!

Pixie said...

great list

Back to Top