May 1, 2020

Book Review: Nat Enough by Maria Scrivan

Title: Nath Enough
Author: Maria Scrivan
Genre: Realistic Fiction - Graphic Novel

About the book:
Natalie has never felt that she's enough -- athletic enough, stylish enough, or talented enough. And on the first day of middle school, Natalie discovers that things are worse than she thought -- now she's not even cool enough for her best friend, Lily! As Natalie tries to get her best friend back, she learns more about her true self and natural talents. If Natalie can focus on who she is rather than who she isn't, then she might realize she's more than enough, just the way she is.
Thoughts
This was a nice little book! I like how it was very relatable. I think everyone has a time that they lose friends for a variety of reasons. In Nat's case it's because her old friend chose to follow someone else and turn away from Nat. Although I'm not sure she was a great friend to begin with - she never seemed to do what Nat wanted.
But beyond that I love how it looked at being proud of who you are what what you like. It's hard to remember that sometimes. Nat's new friends remind her of this all the time - that she's great just like she is. But it take Nat awhile to accept that herself.
The graphics or great and easy to follow. I actually have trouble with some graphic novels, but the more simplistic drawings in this one made it easy to read.
Over-all: great book! I'm glad I picked it up.

2 comments:

  1. I read about this book on another blog and was intrigued by it. Your post increased that intrigue. I just love the cover. I don't know how anyone could pass it up. Thanks for the post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way, this is the first time in a very long time I have been notified of your posts.

    ReplyDelete