November 13, 2018

Graphic Novel Review: DC SuperHero Girls: Search for Atlantis

Title: DC Super Hero Girls: Search for Atlantis
Author: Shea Fontana 

Copy Obtained: From Publishers

About the Book from Goodreads
The team is back and ready to rescue Mera's home in DC Super Hero Girls: Search for Atlantis! 

Things are going swimmingly for new students Mera and Raven until afield trip to Mera’s hometown of Atlantis when they find that the underwater city has vanished! Batgirl, Supergirl, Wonder Woman, Bumblebee, Raven, Miss Martian, and Starfire discover that Atlantis has been shrunk and bottled by the powerful villain Brainiac. This gigantic problem calls for a small solution and to infiltrate Brainiac’s bottled city collection, Bumblebee and Raven combine technology with magic to shrink the heroes. But will they save the lost city of Atlantis or will their little plan lead to even bigger trouble?


Graphic novels are the thing in my media center right now, so I'm always learning for new and different ones.  This one is a good solid one to add to our collection.  Kids will love it, and girls will enjoy one focused on the girl superheroes.  I found it fun even though it was a bit predictable.  I'm not the target audience, and I don't think the target audience will notice that or even care.  The story is fun, has some action and it has a great little message about being proud of who you are.  And I'm sure it will make the reader want to read more in the series.  I think it's one I'd add to our ever-growing collection! And always a bonus that it's not focused on the boy superheroes! 

1 comment:

  1. I would have loved this as a kid. I'm so glad they are marketing superheroes for kids.

    ReplyDelete