July 25, 2014

Review: This is What Happy Looks Like by Jennifer E. Smith

If fate sent you an email, would you answer?

When teenage movie star Graham Larkin accidentally sends small town girl Ellie O'Neill an email about his pet pig, the two seventeen-year-olds strike up a witty and unforgettable correspondence, discussing everything under the sun, except for their names or backgrounds. 

Then Graham finds out that Ellie's Maine hometown is the perfect location for his latest film, and he decides to take their relationship from online to in-person. But can a star as famous as Graham really start a relationship with an ordinary girl like Ellie? And why does Ellie want to avoid the media's spotlight at all costs?




I'm going to keep this brief.  Love it because is was just cute and sweet and adorable and nice and good and cute (yes I said it twice).  I haven't read a book in a long time that was just a sweet nice little love story.  Yes there was more to it than that especially with Ellie's background, but over-all that's what it was - a nice sweet romance.  I loved it for that reason alone.  Ellie and Graham were great characters.  They were realistic, believable and perfect for the story.  Of course there was a few times I wanted to shake both of them, but they they are teenagers, so I allowed them to be that way and didn't hold it against them.  

As for the pacing of the story and romance.  I felt it worked.  The beginning with all their emailing allowed me to buy into their feelings more because they had that build up time.  And once Graham comes to Maine that all felt ok for me too.  I mean he was only scheduled to be there for so long, so it had a reason for the pacing!


The ending was great too.  I won't give anything away, but I did like it :)


Final thought - if you are in the mood for just a simple little nice story check it out!





1 comment:

  1. I could use a cute, happy story right about now. Thanks for telling me about it. I ordered it.

    ReplyDelete