July 23, 2014

I Made a TBR Jar

I have more books than I know what to do with.  But with all those books I still have problems finding something to read.  Mostly because I'm indecisive, so I can't decide.  On a previous post I asked people to help me find a new book to read. One poster suggested I make a TBR Jar.  I had heard about them and seen them on Pinterest, so I said YES! and made one.



If you don't know what it is a brief explanation: You put all the books you have in your TBR pile (I only did ones I owned of course but both paper and ebook copies!) on little slips of paper and the put them in a jar of some sort.  When you don't know what to read, you pick a slip and read that book!

First I got some colored card-stock so it would be fun to look at.

Then I just sat down and got to work.  I did have one issue.  I'm in the middle of reading the Percy Jackson series, but I can't read them all at once.  And I plan on reading The Lost Hero books too.  So for each of those books I just wrote "Next Percy Book" on the slip, so I know to take the next one.

Once done the jar now sits on my shelf along with a pen and more paper, so I can add books as I buy them.  Yes I'm that person who buys books but doesn't read them right away!

Will I do this for every book I read?? No - just when I can't decide.  I figure if I've already read a book I pull out I'll just draw again!

We'll see how it works, but it was fun to do!!

5 comments:

  1. Cute idea, I end up reading whatever is sitting on the coffee table next. Plus it's usually the library book that has to get back so it's an easier decision. I tend to buy books that I don't read right away too, so a jar would help for those.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome idea. My reading is governed a lot by what authors I'll be interviewing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea! I have been thinking about making one of these for myself, but luckily I've been doing fine on picking books to read. However, normally I am so indecisive with picking out books to read so this would come in handy. Thanks for sharing your TBR jar, it's cute. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmmm. I don't know if that would work for me. I's a really moody reader and pick books that suit my mood. But, hey, if it works for you, great.There is something nice about the surprise of it.

    ReplyDelete