March 27, 2010

Blog Changes and Contest Reminder

Lately blogging has become work, and I don't like that! For that reason I'm making a few changes :)

1.  I'll no longer do In My Mail Box - in honesty what does it matter what I got in the mail :) Besides I always did it Saturday morning, and that meant I didn't get to relax and just drink my coffee.

2.  I'm not going to do What Are You Reading Mondays.  You'll know what I'm reading by what I review.  And besides, what I always put down for what I planned to read changed! I probably won't post anything on Mondays - a day off!

3.  I'll take two days off from posting - Mondays and Saturdays (this Saturday excluded of course!)

4.  On Wednesday I'll still participate in WoW, but I'm going to promote books that are lesser known.  It's not worth my time to promote one that everyone else is doing as well.

5.  I'll keep Sunday Shelves.  People seem to like this one even if they don't add comments :) BTW if you want to be a guest blogger for Sunday Shelves fill out the form hereTo see the explanation of Sunday Shelves click HERE.

6.  I'll keep Tween Tuesday and Friday's for the Guys because - hey I teach tweens and guys!

7.  Adding 7's UP.  The reasons I started blogging was for my students.  I've gotten away from that.  7's UP is a post that has to do with my 7th graders or 7th graders in general.  This will be random when I see it fits.

8.  Lastly I'm going to be very picky about what books I take for review.  I'm hating that "review" books are getting in the way of me just reading what I want to read, when I want to read it! I'll still take some, but very limited.

Thanks everyone for supporting my blog! I'm in awe of the fact anyone really cares to read what I write!

15 comments:

  1. I think it's great that you're "taking back your blog" so to speak. There's been alot of buzz lately about bloggers "getting back to basics". Kudos to you! That's the whole fun of blogging... doing what YOU want! Have a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope the changes make you feel fresh about blogging. I didn't get a single review book this week and it felt soooooo good! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes I feel so pressured to blog about what I am reading when I really want to blog about what I am thinking...so I applaud your ideas! I have been thinking for awhile that I might "steal" your 7's UP idea as I often blog about teaching and might post about what my 8's are reading. Is that cool?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Becky - I hope it does too! I want it to show my excitement for reading MG and YA. I want people to see how I "book geek" (as I tell my students) over a book!

    Jeanne - yes taking back my blog! love that idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the new changes :) Sometimes blogging can feel like work, so it's nice to take some time off once in a while.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a good idea. I did something like that earlier this year. I cut back on my memes and keep the only one that I wanted to keep doing. Sometimes it's good just to step back. I like your 7 Up's. It's so neat to see what your kids are reading.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That sounds like exactly what you need - whatever it takes to keep blogging fun! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice! I too have cut way back on my memes and I think my blog is better for it. I post mostly reviews and features now, which is working a lot better for me. I'm always excited to read your posts, keep up the great work! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree, blogging should be a hobby and should be fun, not work! That's why I already think 2 memes (which force me to post, even when I feel lazy) is enough for me per week, and one of those is biweekly! lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay for a fresh start! I've also decided to stop What Are You Reading Mondays. I, as well as my readers I believe, don't get much out of it. It's just a reminder to me how I have way too many books to read and review.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hope your changes take the work out of blogger for you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. These sound like excellent changes! I look forward to your future posts! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like the list you made for the changes. It's something I am trying to do myself change up my blog to help me post more easily and to make it fun. Which I agree it should be all about. It shouldn't feel like work.

    I LOVE the idea of 7 UP's. :D (And everything else.) Hope it works for you.

    btw: a little something at my blog for you. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am feeling ya on the review books. I hate feeling like I HAVE to read something, even if its something I want to read.

    ReplyDelete