February 23, 2010

Tween Tues - Finally by Wendy Mass

Tween Tuesday was started over at Green Bean Teen Queen as away to hightlight awesome books for the 9-12 year old set. AKA Tweens. Any book highlighted on Tween Tuesday does count for the In the Middle Reading Challenge. This week's book is:

Finally
by Wendy Mass

I've read several books by Wendy Mass and enjoyed them all. To prove that I overhead one of my 7th graders reading 11 Birthdays tell her friend it was an awesome book! 
You can read my review of another of her books, Every Soul a Star, here.
This is her new book due on March 1st.  With the great track record I've seen I'm sure this will be a good one. 

From Goodreads
You can pierce your ears when you're twelve. You can go to the mall with your friends when you're twelve. You can babysit little Timmy next door when you're twelve. You can get a cell phone when you're twelve. Hey, you can even ride in the front passenger-side seat when you're twelve.

When you're twelve, when you're twelve, when you're twelve . . .

My name is Rory Swenson, and I've been waiting to turn twelve my whole life. In exactly 18 hours, 36 minutes, and 52 seconds, it will finally happen.

My life will officially begin.

4 comments:

  1. If I was a student learning to become a English teacher I would def recommend this book to the children in my class, it sounds like a great, maybe even funny book. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cover is cute and the book sounds cute too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw this one at the book fair and passed it up only because I had already grabbed 8 other new books. I may have to make a "just one more" purchase.

    ReplyDelete