January 22, 2010

In the Middle Reading Challenge


In place of Friday's for the Guys I want to kick off the In the Middle Reading Challenge.  Just a quick reminder of the rules for the challenge:
1. You must read middle grade books. These are books deemed right for kids ages 9 (sometimes 8) - 12. Harry Potter would be considered a MG book. If you look for them on Amazon you need to look under children's ages 9-12.

2. Challenge starts Jan 17, 2010 and ends Dec 31, 2010. All books for the challenge must be read in that time frame.

3. Books for this challenge can cross over to other challenges.

4. Audio and ebooks count for sure!

5. There will be 4 levels:

5th Grader: At least 4 Books
6th Grader: At least 6 Books
7th Grader: At least 8 Books
8th Grader: At least 10 Books

Ok so the challenge is offically underway! In a few months I'll post for updates, and at that point I'll draw for some fun prizes! Good luck everyone.  Can't wait to see what you read.

To see the original post with the Mr. Linky click here.
And remember to grab one of the two buttons in this post.

2 comments:

  1. Clarification:
    8th graders are over 12. The first one I read I would say is 7th and 8th grade: 13 and 14. I wouldn't put it in my library (K-5 school) but I would for a middle school. This si fine for the challenge no?

    ReplyDelete