July 18, 2018

Women on Wednesdays: Who Is/Was Series

A few Wednesdays a month I like to feature books that show the strength and diversity of women.  These may be works of fiction or nonfiction.


Today those books are:

Who is/was book series


I read these four books about different women. I've had several students read and love this series, so I thought it was time to try some. I really like them. Yes, they are simplified, but they are also factual. They introduce kids to some historical figures in a way that engages and teaches them. If the reader is really interested after reading this book they can go on to read more about them. I just love that I've seen this series hook so many kids into reading nonfiction and biographies. That is just awesome. And I love that they have so many different people. These four are just a small sampling of the book available!


Check out the website for the series! You can find it HERE.

Plus there is a show on Netflix based on the books! 


No comments:

Post a Comment