July 20, 2015

Quarterly YA Book Box Unwrapping

Lately I've been seeing a lot of posts about subscription boxes.  Of course when I saw some that were book related my interest perked right up!

After looking at a few of them I decided to give Book Riots YA box by Quarterly a try.

If you don't know what a subscription box it - it's pretty neat.  Once a month/week/quarterly a box arrives at your home filled with fun theme related items (whatever the theme you signed up for is)
The one I signed up for is curated by Book Riot and it comes every quarter.  

Last week my first box arrived!

It was really heavy!

Upon opening it here's what I saw

What's really cool is that there is a packet that explains everything in the box PLUS it had an extra scene from one of the books!

The Books
I haven't read any of them, so that was exciting!
Chasing Shadows by Swati Avasthi
Everything Leads to You by Nina LaCour
A Sense of the Infinite by Hilary T. Smith


And there was a signed bookplate included :)

The Extras

These reminded me of my wedding! We used library cards for information about hotels etc! I'm going to use these at work for notes and reminders :)

I could't believe there was a book light because I had just been looking at them wanting a little one to have around!

Some Swag


All of it laid out


Over all it was pretty fun to open.  I got some great new books.  I'm going to keep getting this one a few more times.

If you're interested I know of these book related subscription books as well:
OwlCrate (this one is super hard to get into!)
Uppercase (I signed up for this one too)
The Bookish Box - This one interests me because it's not a book you get each month it's a bookish t-shirt!! I just might sign up for this one.  

And if you want to see how crazy these subscription boxes have gotten check out this post about them on Buzzfeed.  



1 comment:

  1. This is an interesting idea. I hadn't heard anything about these. Thanks for the post.

    ReplyDelete