August 19, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday: Books That Have Been Recommended to Me Over and Over and.....


Top books or authors people have recommended to me over and over and over......





Anything by John Green.  After The Fault In Our Stars came out everyone was recommending him to me. The thing is - I had read most of his books already before the "general  population" found him.  





Sarah Dessen. The girls I teach have told me over and over and over and over that I MUST read one of her books.  I plan on it, but I just haven't yet.




The rest of the The Giver series.  I have taught The Giver for the last two years and love it.  But I haven't read the rest of the books in the series - Messenger, Gathering Blue and Son - I know they aren't a true series, more companion books. Many many students and other teachers tell me I MUST read them. I did try reading Gathering Blue a long while back but couldn't get into it.  I do plan to day to read them, but I just don't know when.  (Oh and about the movie - don't get me started!)





The Heroes of Olympus series.  Tons of my 5th and 6th graders (as well as my own daughter) tells me I MUST read them.  I'm getting there.  



The Found series by Margaret Peterson Haddix.  This one comes from my students as well.  Many of them have read the entire series, so they tell me I have to read it! The thing is, I read the first one and it didn't excite me, so I don't plan on reading the rest.  BUT I'm so glad they enjoy them!



What about you?? What books do people recommend to you over and over?

7 comments:

  1. YES to The Heroes of Olympus! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've had quite a few of these recommendations too, although they didn't make my list. I've read The Fault in our Stars and it was good. I look forward to reading more by John Green. I really want to read The Giver, especially now that the movie's out.

    My TTT Post

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes I read the first two books in the Heroes of Olympus series, and they were soooo good! I promise you will like them! You should definitely give them a chance one day.

    Here's My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Heroes of Olympus series is not as good as the original Percy Jackson series, but it's still pretty awesome!
    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good list. Prisoner of Night and Fog, Steering Toward Normal, Sure Signs of Crazy, Saving Lucas Biggs were all recommended a LOT to me and all were terrific. I loved The Fault in Our Stars and The Giver. I haven't read any of Sarah Dessen's books yet, but her name keeps popping up. Thanks for the post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sarah Dessen is my all time favourite YA contemporary author. She is fantastic. Looking forward to hearing what you think about them when you finally get around to reading them :)

    ReplyDelete