July 1, 2014

Review: Crash


Crash
Crash by Lisa McMann

My rating: 3 of 5 stars



I read this in one day - that should tell you something shouldn't it :) One reason for that fast of a read is Lisa McMann's writing style. I happen to love her writing style. She writes short chapters with short clipped sentences, and this really keeps the story moving.

But of course there was more to the fast read than that. I enjoyed this book. Jules' desire and drive to find out what these visions are, who they affect and how she can change them pushes the story forward at a pace that couldn't help but drag me along. I liked how she chose to believe what was happening and push to figure out what she could do to change it. Of course she first had to accept what was happening. YOu could argue that she accepted to quickly that these were really vision - that she didn't question it enough. She did accept it fast - but I chose to overlook that. I mean I had to let go of reality to begin with since she's having vision, so I could let go of how fast she accepted them! Once she accepted what was happening, I loved how she dealt with it. She was so smart and determined figuring things out and never giving up.

Want to know what else I liked? I liked the relationship between her and her brother and sister. So many times siblings in young adult fight or don't like each other - or never really interact in a way I can buy into. I didn't find that here. I just really like how they treated each other! Minor thing, but it was good.

Over-all liked it a lot, and I plan on reading the rest of the series!





View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment