December 4, 2012

Cold Nights Warm Books Holiday Book Swap: What I Got


For the first time in a while I decided to participate in a holiday book swap.  I always think they are fun, but I've gotten burned a few times, so I backed off.  But when I heard that  Emily's blog or Enna's blog was hosting a swap I decided to get in the holiday spirit and join in.  
So very glad I did!

Here's what I got!


Some really cute sticker and reading buttons.  I love the buttons.  At work I have to wear a lanyard with my ID, so I'll be able to put them there :)


Janitors
The janitors at Welcher Elementary know a secret, and it's draining all the smarts out of the kids. Twelve year-old Spencer Zumbro, with the help of his classmate Daisy Gullible Gates, must fight with and against a secret, janitorial society that wields wizard-like powers. First in a new series.

The Familiars

Is the kingdom's fate in the hands of an orphan cat?

Running fast to save his life, Aldwyn ducks into an unusual pet store. Moments later Jack, a young wizard in training, comes in to choose a magical animal to be his familiar. Aldwyn's always been clever. But magical? Jack thinks so and Aldwyn is happy to play along.

He just has to convince the other familiars the know-it-all blue jay Skylar and the friendly tree frog Gilbert that he's the powerful cat he claims to be.

Then the unthinkable happens. Jack and two other young wizards are captured by the evil queen of Vastia.

On a thrilling quest to save their loyals, the familiars face dangerous foes, unearth a shocking centuries-old secret, and discover a destiny that will change Vastia forever. Their magical adventure an irresistible blend of real heart, edge-of-your-seat action, and laugh-out-loud humor is an unforgettable celebration of fantasy and friendship.

Plus some cute owl magnetic bookmarks which are my favorite kind of bookmarks!

Thanks!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like it was fun Jill. I read The Familiars and enjoyed it. Hope you do too.

    ReplyDelete