November 20, 2012

Cover Crush: Forever My Girl


I love book covers. Love love love them! I've been known to drag my sister around Barnes and Noble and show her all the covers I like. I'll hunt down certain students in the morning because I know they'll love a cover as much as me. I really think I develop a crush on certain covers!


Today I'm crushing on:


I absolutely love this cover.  I saw it revealed on another blog, and I had to know more about the book.  Why I like it?  It's just not what you see these days.  For one the boy takes up more of the picture than the girl.  You don't see that as much.  And it seems whenever there is a boy/girl cover it's all touchy romancy (like my word choice there??).  This one isn't that way.  
And then of course all the questions it raises.  Who is the boy?  Who is the girl? What is their history? Why the guitar and what part does it play?  Why is she walking away?

LOVE IT!

I was never supposed to be a rock star. I had my life all planned out for me. Play football in college. Go to the NFL. Marry my high school sweetheart and live happily ever after. 

I broke both our hearts that day when I told her I was leaving. I was young. I made the right decision for me, but the wrong decision for us. I’ve poured my soul into my music, but I’ve never forgotten her. Her smell, her smile. 

And now I’m going back. 

After ten years. 

I hope I can explain that after all this time. 

I still want her to be my forever girl.


5 comments:

  1. I like most everything about it with the exception of the title font and size.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a great cover. Happy Thanksgiving Jill!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like it but for some reason get a stalker vibe from it.

    Happy Thanksgiving :)

    ReplyDelete