July 30, 2012

Cover Crush: Alice Bliss


I love book covers.  Love love love them! I've been known to drag my sister around Barnes and Noble and show her all the covers I like. I'll hunt down certain students in the morning because I know they'll love a cover as much as me.  I really think I develop a crush on certain covers!

Today I'm crushing on:


I have a file on my computer marked "cover crush", and sometimes I go through it to remember the ones I've loved right when I first saw them.  This is one of them.  
I love this cover.  One main reason: it's not a girl in a big flowy dress! 
The rain boots. 
The garden tool.  
The red/white dress.  
They just all pop to draw me to it.  I also love the font for the title and author.  
For some reason she seems determined, so I'm wondering why.
All together as a package it's perfect!

Tomboy Alice Bliss is heartbroken when she learns that her father, Matt, is being deployed to Iraq. Matt will miss seeing Alice blossom into a full-blown teenager: she'll learn to drive, join the track team, go to her first dance, and fall in love—all while trying to be strong for her mother, Angie, and her precocious little sister. But the phone calls from her father are never long enough. At once universal and very personal, Alice Bliss is a profoundly moving story about those who are left at home during wartime and a small-town teenage girl bravely facing the future.

1 comment:

  1. O I love this. I want the dress and boots. She sounds like my kind of character. Great find and spotlight.

    ReplyDelete