Dewey's Read-a-Thon Update Post

Hey all I have started the Read-a-Thon!!

I'll be using this post to update my progress.
  I won't be able to read for the next 24 hours straight, but I'm going to read as much as I can until noon tomorrow (yes I know that' s more than 24, but I just wnat to get a ton of reading done!)

Update 1: I am half way through We Are Not Eaten By Yaks.  Very cute book! There will be a ton of kids that I can recommend this one too!.

Update 2: I finished We Are Not Eaten.  Super cute and lots of twists and turns. After a break to take the kids to the pumpkin patch, I'm now reading Tempted (House of the Night).  This series is my ultimate guilty pleasure.  My pure non-thinking just for fun reading. I've got next book in the series as well, so if I need that later in the read-a-thon I can take it out.


Update 3: Ok I finished Tempted, and I'm onto The Secret Year.  Some day when I a do a read-a-thon I'm going to lock the doors and not let anyone near me because they always pull me away from reading!  Now I did say I was going until noon today, so I have about 3 hours left.  I know it's cheating and longer than 24 hours, but hey I'm okay with that.

Final Update:  I finished The Secret Year.  Good book! But frustrating too.  Ok I'm out of time.  I only read three books, but hey that's three books I didn't have read before I started ;)  I'd like to say I'll read some more this afternoon, but I have other things I need to get done, and I'd like to spend some time writing.

Thanks for the encouragement!!!

5 comments

eMily said...

Hope you are enjoying your day of books -- Happy Reading!

Megan said...

We Are Not Eaten By Yaks sounds like an entertaining title to start with.

Keep up the great reading! =)

LBC said...

Yea! Keep up the good work.

April (BooksandWine) said...

"Don't stop, never give up
Hold your head high and reach the top"

ROCK THIS READATHON!!!!!

Trish said...

We are not eaten? LOL! What a great title for a book.

Hope you're having a FANTABULOUS readathon!! ;)

Back to Top