September 16, 2011

BBAW: What is Essential?


Today for the wrap up of BBAW here's what we've been asked to share:

The world of blogging is continually changing. Share 3 things you believe are essential tried and true practices for every blogger and 1-3 new trends or tools you’ve adapted recently or would like to in the future.

I don't know if I'm writing exactly what they are looking for, but I'm answering it this way anyways!

Essential Tried and True Practices

1.  Always be honest in your reviews.  Always!  You let your followers down when you aren't honest.  I know this can be hard when it seems like everyone else loves a book you didn't like!

2.  Let your passion for reading come through (aka your personality).  This is some ting I need to remind myself of every time I blog!  I'll start writing a review and it will sound all formal - not like me at all.  But, at the same time, I also have to remind myself of this when I am writing in my own "voice" and I think I should sound more formal.  I decided a while back to be myself in my blog.  People will like it or not.  That's life.  I'd rather be myself and lose followers than be someone I'm not and have tons of followers!

3.  Whenever possible schedule your blogs in advance! It saves times! I do mine on Sunday for the week.  Makes my week so much easier.

Trends or Tools I've Recently Adopted or Want To

1. I get an email when I get a reply to a post on the blog.  LOVE IT because it allows me to reply back more!

2. I've started using Google Calendar for posts that HAVE to be done.  I have it on my phone so an alarms goes off a few days before.  That way I make sure posts are getting done on time.

3.  A trend I've seen a few bloggers do is short reviews.  Mini reviews a lot call them.  I like them! I want to see those become a bit more of a trend or ok to do.  I don't need long in-depth reviews.  

Just my thoughts on blogging :)

1 comment: