Today for BBAW we're looking at how being a blogger and following blogs has changed how I read. Has it opened up new authors or genres? The way I read? How I read?
- I know all the MG/YA books coming out before they hit the shelves so BN isn't a surprise anymore!
- I've discovered that authors published by smaller publishers write awesome books.
- I have a longer list of books to read and SOMETIMES reading feels like work :(
- I know books like: Entwined, Ruby Red, Rot & Ruin, and Milo: Sticky Notes and Brain Freeze that I would've never known before!
- When reading a book I do always think about how I'll review it.
- I use book trailers in my classroom to promote a book and get kids interested
- I crave signed books :)
- I know what swag is!
But the biggest way I've changed - I listen to audio books! Really! I would've never listened to audio books if it hadn't been for blogging. I just never gave them much thought. For one thing the price was always a factor. But after reading reviews on them and listening to other blogger rave about them I decided to give them a try. And now I love them! I learned how to get them through my library and Audible.com so price isn't an issue anymore. They are my new passion for getting reluctant readers to read. I don't think they should ever replace "traditional" reading, but I see the potential they hold. I owe all the bloggers that showed me the light. Thank you!!!!!
Has blogging changed you either being a blogger or reading blogs?