June 28, 2011

WoW (early) & tween Tues: Charlie Joe Jackson's Guide to NOT Reading

Due to other scheduled posts, today I'm combining my WoW (hosted by Jill over at Breaking the Spine) and Tween Tuesday (hosted by GreenBeanTeenQueen).


Charlie Joe Jackson's Guide to Not ReadingI'm Waiting On:

An awesome sounding Tween Book!

Charlie Joe Jackson's Guide to Not Reading
by Tommy Greenwald
Release: July 5th

Summary


Charlie Joe Jackson may be the most reluctant reader ever born. And so far, he’s managed to get through life without ever reading an entire book from cover to cover. But now that he’s in middle school, avoiding reading isn’t as easy as it used to be. And when his friend Timmy McGibney decides that he’s tired of covering for him, Charlie Joe finds himself resorting to desperate measures to keep his perfect record intact.This is the hilarious story of an avid non-reader and the extreme lengths to which he’ll go to get out of reading a book.

Why I Like the Sound of It
Why wouldn't I be???? I'm a 7th grade English teacher that has to fight with kids to read.  I know tons of kids that could relate to this book!!! And maybe, just maybe I could get them to read it :)

1 comment:

  1. I could see that a lot of kids would like this one. Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete