June 22, 2011

Waiting on Wed: The Jewel and The Key

This is inspired by a meme hosted by Jill over at Breaking the Spine. In this post I talk about books yet to be released that I'm excited about OR already published book's I've seen that I'm really wanting to read. I also like to try and find books other bloggers aren't sharing so that more books are shared.

I'm Waiting On:

The Jewel and the Key
by Louise Spiegler

Summary

An earthquake and the discovery of a mysterious antique mirror unleash forces that jolt sixteen-year-old Addie McNeal back to 1917 Seattle, just as the United States is entering World War I. Addie finds herself shuttling back and forth between past and present, drawn in both times to the grand Jewel Theater. In both decades the existence of the Jewel is threatened and war is looming . . . and someone she cares about is determined to fight.

Eventually, Addie realizes that only she has the key to saving the Jewel—and the lives of her friends. But will she figure out how to manipulate the intricately woven threads of time and truly set things right?

Why I'm Waiting
More time travel! It's exciting to see how time travel in YA is just taking off.  I also like that it's set in WWI which is a part of history not always used.  We usually see WWII instead.  Lastly I like that it doesn't seem to be romance focused.  Those three aspects push it to the top of my "want" pile!

5 comments:

  1. I'm excited for this one, too! History and time travel---sounds good to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool, I love time travel books! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hadn't heard of this one before today, but then opening my feed reader I discovered many posts on it. So exciting! I love everything time travel, and historical fiction, so this is really one I'll want to read!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't heard about this one - but I absoolutely ADORE the cover!

    ReplyDelete