April 13, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday: Ashes, Ashes

This is inspired by a meme hosted by Jill over at Breaking the Spine. In this post I talk about books yet to be released that I'm excited about OR already published book's I've seen that I'm really wanting to read. I also like to try and find books other bloggers aren't sharing so that more books are shared.

This week I'm waiting on:

Ashes, Ashes
by Jo Treggiari
Release Date: June 1

Why I'm waiting
There has been so much dystopic coming out lately that some are starting to run together.  This one sounds more original.  It seems to have maybe some paranormalcy or something within the dystopia.  I also like that the main character seems to be a strong girl.


From Goodreads
A thrilling tale of adventure, romance, and one girl's unyielding courage through the darkest of nightmares.
 
Epidemics, floods, droughts--for sixteen-year-old Lucy, the end of the world came and went, taking 99% of the population with it. As the weather continues to rage out of control, and Sweepers clean the streets of plague victims, Lucy survives alone in the wilds of Central Park. But when she's rescued from a pack of hunting dogs by a mysterious boy named Aidan, she reluctantly realizes she can't continue on her own. She joins his band of survivors, yet, a new danger awaits her: the Sweepers are looking for her. There's something special about Lucy, and they will stop at nothing to have her.

8 comments:

  1. This one really sounds amazing. I love that cover, too, with the crumbling buildings in the background. So eerie.

    Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh! This sounds like an exciting read! Thanks for introducing me to this book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i really want to read this novel too and picked it as my WoW a while ago. it sounds so awesome yeah? i can't wait to read it. great pick :)

    please check out my WoW this week.

    -michelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great cover, enjoy! your read.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dystopian books are so much fun to read, especially one with a strong female character.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not a big fan of dystopian novels but this one does sound good.
    Sally.
    http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/04/waiting-on-wednesday-14.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for choosing Ashes, Ashes for your WoW pick!
    I really appreciate it and hope you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete