April 22, 2011

Team Owl Review: Conspiracy 365 Series

Title: Conspiracy 365
Author: Gabrielle Lord

Summary of Book #1
On New Year's Eve, Cal is chased down the street by a crazed man with a deadly warning: They killed your father. They'll kill you. You must survive the next 365 days! Forced into a life on the run, Cal finds himself hunted by ruthless criminals and the police. Somehow he must uncover the truth about his father's mysterious death and solve the Ormond Singularity, a secret from the past, before the year is up. But who can he turn to when the whole world seems to want him dead? The clock is ticking. Any second could be his last. Callum Ormond has been warned. He has 365 days. The countdown has begun ...

Team Owl Review
The Conspiracy 365 series is amazing.  I loved this series so much.  I'd stay up late at night, so I could find out what happened next.  I just couldn't put it down!

In this series a 15 year old boy named Callum Ormond is on the run to finish what his dad started.  His thrilling adventure will keep you constantly asking yourself "what will happen next?".  Along the way, he'll meet many people, and he (and you) will have to decide if they can be trusted.  Along with is heart-stopping journey Cal will discover a secret that has been hidden from his his entire life.  Each book will start and end at an even bigger cliffhanger than the last book.  It all leads up to December, the biggest cliffhanger of all.  See how it all ends and read the Conspiracy 365 series.

My Thoughts
I read the first book aloud to my students, and most really enjoyed it, but boy where they mad when it ended in such a cliffhanger! They almost demanded I get the second book and read it as well.  You can read my review of Conspiracy 365 January HERE.

Two words of warning if you read and get hooked on this series. 
  1. Like the reviewer said - they end in huge cliffhangers.
  2. Be prepared to order them online.  They are almost impossible to find in a store.
Here's a pretty good trailer for the series



4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the review! I haven't seen these but you also said they are impossible find outside of the internet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I"ve never even heard of this series, but I can already think of a group of kids who I think might love them. Thanks for the tip!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here are two things I found interesting with this series. Sheldrake Rathbone's brother's burying business is called Rathbone, Greaves, and Diggory. Rathbone sounds like bones, Greaves sounds like graves and Diggory sounds like digging as in digging graves. Do you think that was intended? Also, Eric Blair was a co-worker of Cal's dad. Eric Blair was also the original name of George Orwell which is a pseudonym (author of Animal Farm and 1984).

    ReplyDelete
  4. My son LOVED these books... do you have any suggestions for books that are like these?

    ReplyDelete