March 9, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday: Plague

This is inspired by a meme hosted by Jill over at Breaking the Spine. In this post I talk about books yet to be released that I'm excited about OR already published book's I've seen that I'm really wanting to read. I also like to try and find books other bloggers aren't sharing so that more books are shared.

This week I'm waiting on:
Plague by Michael Grant

Why I'm Waiting
Ok I'll admit I'm not waiting on this one for myself personally.  I'm waiting on it for my students.  They LOVE this series, so they are super excited for the next one to come out.  I just need to get myself going and read the first one! I know! it's hard to believe I haven't read it yet. 

And an FYI
Barnes and Noble and Amazon both have the first book, Gone,  in ebook format for $1.99!  I already preordered mine.

From Goodreads
This is a blood-pumping, white-knuckle sci-fi thriller of epic proportions. The FAYZ goes from bad to worse...The darkness has been foiled once again and the resurrected Drake has been contained. But the streets of Perdido Beach are far from safe, with a growing army of mutants fighting against the humans for power in the town. In a small room of a house near the edge of town, Little Pete lies ill on a bed. In his fevered dreams, he continues his battle with the hidden evil that seeks to use his power to bring about anarchy and destruction.

And here's the trailer (don't watch if you aren't to this book yet because I believe it contains spoilers!)

3 comments:

  1. This is a great series for both genders! Thanks for the $1.99 e-book info!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still haven't read the third one but I like this series even if it has a high squick factor.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just got the first book on my kindle - looking forward to starting this series.
    Sally.
    http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/03/waiting-on-wednesday-9.html

    ReplyDelete