November 30, 2010

Tween Tuesday - The Outlandish Adventures of Liberty Aimes

Tween Tuesday was started over at Green Bean Teen Queen as away to hightlight awesome books for the 9-12 year old set. AKA Tweens. Any book highlighted on Tween Tuesday does count for the In the Middle Reading Challenge.
This week I'm highlighting:

The Outlandish Adventures of Liberty Aimes
by Kelly Easton

This just sounds like a fun wonderful read full of dreams and becoming who you are.  I love middle grade books about that!
Besides isn't the cover great!

From Goodreads
Everyone has a destiny. Sometimes it takes an adventure to find it.
Liberty Aimes has spent all of her ten years captive in her parents' crooked house on Gooch Street. Her spry father, Mal Aimes, is a crook who sells insurance, while her overweight mother sits at home in front of the TV, demanding that Liberty cook nonstop. Liberty’s only knowledge of the outside world comes from the secret stash of children’s books and fairy tales she discovers beneath the floorboards. One day, Liberty enters her father’s forbidden basement laboratory. There she discovers a world of talking animals and magic potions. With the aid of one such potion, Liberty escapes into the world in search of her destiny.

7 comments:

  1. This looks like a fun MG book and one that would be perfect for my classroom library! Thanks for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG
    I LOVE LOVE LOVE this cover.
    Sometimes I think I like Middle Grade covers more than adult and YA.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a fun book for an adventure-loving girl.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll have to keep this one in mind for my tweens. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This one looks fantastic! Thanks for highlighting it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this cover! It makes me want to pick up the book-thanks for bringing it to my attention! I hadn't heard of it before.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I didn't know about this book - what a cute cover and premise! Thanks for highlighting it.

    I'm so glad I found your site today. I love middle grade and am always looking for MG sites.

    I'm a member of From the Mixed-Up Files, which is also a blog devoted to middle grade, so it is especially nice to be acquainted with your site. :-)

    ReplyDelete