November 11, 2010

7's Up - What are They Reading?

Whenever a post is labele "7's Up" it's coming straight from my 7th graders.  I love to hear their thoughts on anything related to reading. 

Today I've got a list of what they are currently reading.  You can see some of my influences, but much is what they found. 
Take note authors and publishers! This is what real 7th graders are reading!


Wake by Lisa McMann
Airheads by Meg Cabot
Origami Yoda by Tom Angleberger
Box Out by John Coy
Paranormalcy by Kiersten White
ttfn by Lauren Myracle
Raven's Gate by Anthony Horowitz
Gone by Michael Grant (x3)
Dork Diaries by Rachel R. Russell
Deep and Dark and Dangerous by Mary Downing Hahn
Crescendo by Becca Fitzpatrick
The Light by D.J. Machale
The Scorch Trials by James Dashner
When You Read Me by Rebecca Stead
Being Nikki by Meg Cabot
Life as We Knew It by Susan Beth Pfeffer
Every Soul a Star by Wendy Mass
Wicked by Gregory Maguire
Walls Within Walls by Maureen Sherry
Plain Kate by Erin Bow
The Lost Hero by Rick Riordan
Stargirl by Jerry Spinelli
School of Fear by Gitty Daneshvari
The Lab by Jack Heath
Incarceron by Catherine Fisher
Touch Blue by Cynthia Lord
The Vampire Diaries by L.J. Smith
Mudville by Kurtis Scaletta
The Rivarly by John Feinstein

4 comments:

  1. That's an impressive list. Today my niece told me about The Maze Runner she loved it! Dystopia!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some of those surprise me, but most of them I would expect to see. My son is an 8th grader. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray! I made it onto the list! A big thanks to the student who's reading The Lab - hope you like it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool feature! I like knowing what other middle graders are reading. And I know my library has all those books so yay!

    ReplyDelete