October 20, 2010

Waiting on Wednesday - Pegasus

This is inspired by a meme hosted by Jill over at Breaking the Spine. In this post I talk about books yet to be released that I'm excited about OR already published book's I've seen that I'm really wanting to read. I also like to try and find books other bloggers aren't sharing so that more books are shared.

This week I'm waiting on:

Pegasus by Robin Mckinley
Release Date: November 2, 2010

I'm not usually one for books with lots of mythology involved (Percy Jackson series aside), but something about this one has caught my attention and made me interested.  I think it's the idea of such a strong friendship that everything will be risked for it.  I'll be checking it out when it comes out in November.

From Goodreads
A gorgeously-written fantasy about the friendship between a princess and her pegasus.
Because of a thousand-year-old alliance between humans and pegasi, Princess Sylviianel is ceremonially bound to Ebon, her own pegasus, on her twelfth birthday. The two species coexist peacefully, despite the language barriers separating them. Humans and pegasi both rely on specially-trained Speaker magicians as the only means of real communication.
But it’s different for Sylvi and Ebon. They can understand each other. They quickly grow close—so close that their bond becomes a threat to the status quo—and possibly to the future safety of their two nations.

10 comments:

  1. I'm so a greek mytho fan. So this definately caught my eye and is on my tbr radar. Thanks for the mention.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like a great read! I'm adding this to my TBR list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. *sigh* This cover takes my breath away. I love Robin McKinley's books, and I so can't wait to read this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am excited for this one as well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Me too! This cover is just spectacular.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the cover - I want to read this one too.
    Mine is here:
    http://lulilut.blogspot.com/2010/10/waiting-on-wednesday-dash-lilys-book-of.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE this cover. I can't wait for this one either! It's going to be amazing, I can feel it! great pick!!


    Check out my WoW :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. This one's on my wishlist as well! Love McKinley's book Beauty :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't wait for this one... It looks so good, and I love the cover so much! P.S. I love your blog. I love owls so much!!!

    Check out my WOW!

    ReplyDelete