I got the wonderful opportunity to meet Jill from Fizzy Thoughts.
I love what she has to say about herself on her blog:
I turned 41 this year (ack! I’m still wondering how that happened), but I promise you I rarely act my age. I have a huge sarcastic streak (it’s hereditary…from both sides of the family…I’m doomed) and I try very hard not to take myself seriously. You will often find bad song parodies lurking in between my posts about books. And watch out, you might even show up in one of them!
Now does that sounds like a fun blogger to read????
Make sure you go to Fizzy Thoughts and check her out!
Here's what she had to say about 5 questions I asked her.
1. Why did you start blogging?My original blog was on LiveJournal…I started blogging with a bunch of friends from BookCrossing. Mostly, it was just daily chatter. Later, after I moved over to Blogger, I started posting more about the books I’d read as a way of keeping track. I wanted to have a record since my memory is so lousy. The fabulous book blogger community is what keeps me blogging….I love connecting with others who are passionate about books and reading.
2. If you could live within the world of any book - what one would you pick and why?
Even though it’s by no means a favorite book, I’m going to go with A Year in the World, by Frances Mayes. I’d love to travel around to different places and stay for weeks at a time in order to experience a place and its people. And not have to worry about where the money was coming from. And have a beautiful home in Italy to return to. What, me? Jealous? Why, yes, I am. I own my jealousy.
3. I want to know what you think of the name Jill as well since I find it funny we are both named Jill!
Like you, I hated it when I was young. In 6th grade, the boys in my class thought it great fun to chant obscene versions of “Jack and Jill went up the hill.” Okay, maybe they weren’t really obscene versions, but 6th grade me hated them! As an adult, I still have a few issues with my name. Evidently, I can’t enunciate my own name, as people often think my name is Jo. And it’s always awkward when I meet a Jack (it happens more than you might think). But, on a positive note, it is easy to type.
4. What is the first book you remember truly loving or wanting to read over and over? When was the last time you read it?
The Witch of Blackbird Pond. Or maybe Anne of Green Gables? Did I mention my lousy memory? I loved both of these books when I was young, and I know I read them multiple times. But I can’t remember the last time I read them…it must have been when I was a teen. As an adult, I’m not a re-reader.
5. Since my blog theme is owls - do you like owls?
I love owls. I even have a little stuffed one sitting on top of the tv. Her name is Olivia, and she’s always reading a book. Last time I looked, it was Charlotte’s Web. And like me, she wears glasses. We’re practically twins.
And look she included a picture!!! She has the same name as me AND and owl. I'm gonna go with she's perfect.
Now stop reading my blog and go check out Fizzy Thoughts!