August 11, 2010

Waiting on Wednesday: The Candymakers

This is inspired by a meme hosted by Jill over at Breaking the Spine. In this post I talk about books yet to be released that I'm excited about OR already published book's I've seen that I'm really wanting to read. I also like to try and find books other bloggers aren't sharing so that more books are shared.

This week I'm waiting on:

The Candymakers
by Wenday Mass
Release Date: October 5

Wahooooooo! another book by Wendy Mass.  I love her books, and so do most the students that read them.  This one looks different from some of her other ones, but it still good. It seems to cover some of the same themes as her other books like friendship and overcoming obstacles. I cannot wait for this book!

From Goodreads
Four children have been chosen to compete in a national competition to find the tastiest confection in the country. Who will invent a candy more delicious than the Oozing Crunchorama or the Neon Lightning Chew?



Logan, the Candymaker's son, who can detect the color of chocolate by touch alone?
Miles, the boy who is allergic to merry-go-rounds and the color pink?
Daisy, the cheerful girl who can lift a fifty-pound lump of taffy like it's a feather?
Or Philip, the suit-and-tie wearing boy who's always scribbling in a secret notebook?


This sweet, charming, and cleverly crafted story, told from each contestant's perspective, is filled with mystery, friendship, and juicy revelations.

4 comments:

  1. Wendy Mass came and spoke to our fifth graders this spring. She got us excited about her new book then. I will probably need more than one copy in my library.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously.....I'm in awe of this cover.
    My inner child is totally fascinated!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds very Willy Wonka and I love me some Willy Wonka!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a lot of fun. Juju, I love Willy Wonka. ;) The title alone makes me wanting sweets.

    ReplyDelete