August 25, 2010

Waiting on Wed: The Hole in the Wall

This is inspired by a meme hosted by Jill over at Breaking the Spine. In this post I talk about books yet to be released that I'm excited about OR already published book's I've seen that I'm really wanting to read. I also like to try and find books other bloggers aren't sharing so that more books are shared.
This week I'm waiting on:
 
The Hole in the Wall
by Lisa Rowe Fraustino
Released: Nov 1, 2010
 
After reading the summary for it I'm super curious! It sounds fun but yet mysteries.  Like it has some humor but yet action.  I can't quite figure out where it would be placed.  But I do know that I'm interested in it!!!

From Goodreads
Eleven-year-old Sebby has found the perfect escape from his crummy house and bickering family: The Hole in the Wall. It’s a pristine, beautiful glen in the midst of a devastated mining area behind Sebby’s home. But not long after he finds it his world starts falling apart: his family’s chickens disappear, colors start jumping off the wall and coming to life, and after sneaking a taste of raw cookie dough he finds himself with the mother of all stomachaches. When Sebby sets out to solve these mysteries, he and his twin sister, Barbie, get caught in a wild chase through the tunnels and caverns around The Hole in the Wall — all leading them to the mining activities of one Stanley Odum, the hometown astrophysicist who’s buying up all the land behind Sebby’s home. Exactly what is Mr. Odum mining in his secret facility, and does it have anything to do with the mystery of the lost chickens and Sebby’s stomachache? The answers to these questions go much further than the twins expect.

2 comments:

  1. Ooo sounds cool. And like it would make a great movie.

    Here is my WoW :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This book had me at chickens...for some reason I love books that have chickens in them. Although, you can usually only find them in picture books ;) The rest of the summary sounds really good too, definitely adding this to my ever growing list.

    ReplyDelete