April 14, 2010

Cinderella Society WINNER!


And the winner of a copy of The Cinderella Society is:

Ari!!!

Here's what she said:

I would say an example of Girl empowerment was when Judge Sonia Sotomayor was sworn in as a Supreme Court Justice. Her story was so inspring and she cared herself with such poise and grace. She's accomplished a lot and I'm sure she's going to continue to prover herself a great asset to the Supreme Court. To a young Latina like myself, she is a true inspiration and role model. Work hard and never give up.



Also I think one of the BEST quotes about female empowerment comes from the great Eleanor Roosevelt "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." I think girls, more than guys, have a tendency to really get stung by criticism and accept the notion that they are inferior (baloney). We girls face this not only from males, but from other girls as well. Especially in our teenage years. This quote keeps me going and reminds me to keep my head up, to dissect the criticism to see if it's worth my time and if is, I try and fix it. If not, I ignore it and move on.

I'll be emailing Ari to get her info and then she is entered for the grand prize That grand prize winner will receive a signed copy from Kay as well as a The Cinderella Society swag bag! And a $100 donation to Girls Inc. in the name of the grand prize winner. (Kay is a big supporter of Girls Inc.)


. Make sure to check out Kay Cassidy's website as well as Daisy Whitney's - she's the one that organized this whole giveaway!

2 comments: