February 15, 2010

Monday Reading Merriment Feb 15

This is a weekly meme inspired by one started by J. Kaye's Book Blog. Each week on Monday we tell what we read the previous week and what we plan to read in the upcoming week. I like to put a spin on it to also look at various other reading events happening. EDITED TO ADD! This meme has been passed on to Sheila at One Person's Journey Through a World of Books!

First I'd like to give a shout out to my big sis Penni! It is her birthday today! Happy Happy Happy Birthday Sis!!!!!
If you'd like, leave a reading suggestion for my sister.  She is my greatest success in turning a "non"reader into a reader.  She's read the entire Mortal Instruments series, the entire Wake series, Generation Dead, Fallen Angel (which FYI - she didn't like!), Need and Captivate.  Let's keep her reading ;)  I'm also trying real hard to get her to guest post with her review of the Mortal Instruments series.  Hopefully I'll talk her into it soon!

Ok on to my reading: Well this week I was kinda a slacker.  I was a slacker in reading.  In blogging.  In general! I did start Untamed, and I'll finish it (my worst guilty pleasure!), but that's it.  I'll plead sickness.  I was sick Friday/Saturday - thus my no IMM or Sunday Shelves.

This week I plan to finished Untamed and Before I Fall.  I'm hesitating on Before I Fall just because I know it's gonna be a powerful one and sometimes I need to get myself ready for those books.

CONTEST NEWS!
I'll be announcing the winner of the Vlad Tod book this week AND I'll be announcing my 175 follower (ok now like 183) this week as well.

HUGE GIVEAWAY
Reggie as The Undercover Book Lover (not really) is having a huge HUGE HUGE birthday giveway.  This girl is crazy generous.  You must go over there and check it out.  I've listed below, ok cut and pasted from her site, the list of books she's giving away. And get this ONE winner gets them ALL!!!!!

1 Finished copy of The Sky is Everywhere by Jandy Nelson
1 Finished copy of The Sight by Judy Blundell
1 Finished copy of Voices of Dragons by Carrie Vaughn
1 Finished copy of Shade by Jeri Smith-Ready
1 Finished copy of The Line by Teri Hall
1 Finished copy of The Unwritten Rule by Elizabeth Scott
1 Finished copy of The Body Finder by Kimberly Derting
1 Finished copy of Brightly Woven by Alexandra Bracken
1 Finished copy of Forget-Her-Nots by Amy Brecount White
1 Finished copy of Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver

10 comments:

  1. I didn't get as much reading or blogging done last week as I would have liked. That fake antivirus thing was a pain in the butt. But hey, this is a new week. (I share your guilty pleasure).

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I saw the title of your blog. I immediately thought of Harry Potter.

    Here is mine

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cannot WAIT for your review of Before I Fall! :]

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes you have to slack a bit to really enjoy it all! I'm almost done with BEFORE I FALL....it's not as heady as you may think...good, but not crazy intense (of course that could change as I still have about 80 pages to go...but thus far...this stands). Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well I have those weeks too where I either dont have time to read or just dont feel like reading. :)

    I am going to check out your giveaway! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really love the sound of Before I Fall so I hope you enjoy it :o)

    Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Before I Fall sounds really good, but you're right, it might require some mental prep. Enjoy whichever book you decide on this week!

    Here's what I'm reading.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like quite a few of us had a slowwwww week! Before I Fall is one I'm keen to read. Hope this week is better for you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. First things first, I love the title of your blog!! Very innovative! :) And I read nothing last week! Too busy. :( Hope we have a good week ahead!

    ReplyDelete