February 20, 2010

In My Mailbox or Shopping Bag Feb 20th

This is a weekly meme inspired by Kristi at The Story Siren and Alea at Pop Culture Junkie. In it we share what books arrived at our house via mail, bookstore or library. Here we go!

I've got two weeks worth of books, so there are several!


Bought
 The Brooklyn Nine by Alan Gratz
Game by Walter Dean Myers
Eleventh Grade Burns by Heather Brewer
Wicked Lovely by Melissa Marr
Evernight by Claudia Gray
The Luxe by Anna Godberson
I Am Apache by Tanya Landman
(a bunch I got at Amazon in their bargain book section!)

Given
 That's Life, Samara Brooks by Daniel Ehrenhaft (from my children for Valentine's Day)
Free Fall by Roderick Gordon (from one of my students - he was done with it!)

Won
Bad Blood by Mari Mancusi (won from Melissa Walker)
Struts and Frets by Jon Skovron (won from YA Books Central)
Signed Shadow Hills bookmark (from A Passion for Books)
Death by Latte by Linda Gerber (won at my school for I Love to Read Month!)

For Review
Shooting Kabul by N.H. Senzai
SPHDZ Book #1 by Jon Scieszka

Mooched
The Last Days by Scott Westerfeld 

Owl of the Week
My Daughter bought this owl, decided she didn't want it anymore and gave it to me! I was having my students help me name it - something to do with books.  They came up with Bob, Fred (nothing to do with books! Paige and one of the owls from Harry Potter) I settled on Scout from To Kill a Mocking Bird


16 comments:

  1. Great haul of books! Happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Scout is a great name for an owl. Enjoy Brooklyn Nine; I did.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great bunch of books! And Scout is just absolutely adorable ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great books you got this week. Evernight and The Luxe are really good. Hope you enjoy reading all your books.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You got some great books this week! I have Evernight and You Are So Undead to Me on my TBR pile too. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the books (so many!) and love the Owl. My head went right to Harry Potter too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, so much fun stuff! Samara Brooks looks really good. I love the storyline. My hubby is just finishing Freefall, he loves it and was so glad to hear there will be another book in this series! I read Wicked Lovely last year and loved it. Hope you enjoy them all!

    ReplyDelete
  8. lots of great books and goodies this week! enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh you got some great books this week! The Luxe series is really good! I love Scout for the owl name too, I loved To Kill A Mockingbird. Happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Evernight is a good series :) Hope you enjoy all your books. Happy Reading!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lots of books you got there! Hope you enjoy all of them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute owl! I need to read You Are So Undead to Me, I see it in the store every time I go in, but never pick it up. Enjoy all your books

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow!! Excellent books... there are a few there that I have read or want to read!!!

    Enjoy enjoy your reads!!


    http://lll808.blogspot.com/2010/02/in-my-mailbox-7.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice selection of books. Cute owl. Enjoy your books. Here's Mine.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Aww, so many books! Freefall looks fantastic :-)

    Happy reading.

    ReplyDelete