December 30, 2009

New Year Read-a-Thon



I've been debating the New Year Read-A-Thon for awhile and at the last minute I've decided to participate! Here's the info from the Bookworming in the 21st Century site:

Now, what is the Read-a-thon all about? Promoting reading in the new year - 2010!



Starts: 5 pm on Thursday, December 31st
Ends: 10 pm on Sunday, January 3rd


You can read as little or as much as you want! Also, I'm planning on having a smaller event called Reading Into the New Year - where us bookworms can read as it turns midnight! I will be posting the sign up for that event next. Please partake in either or both!!!

With 3 kids, a husband and my sister all in the house with me getting time to read can be hard.  I didn't know if I could get any length of hours in for a read-a-thon. I finally decided to give it a shot! So here's my goal:

6 Hours! YIKES!!!!
I also plan to Read Into the New Year which means I'll be reading at midnight. 

3 comments:

  1. I think if I told my friends and family that I had to read at midnight for a challenge they would confidcate my books. I am loving the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete