December 31, 2009

Last Reading Challenge: 10 in 10 Chick Lit Challenge


Co-hosted by YA author Kay Cassidy and teen book blogger Jessica (www.chicklitteens.com), the 10 in ‘10 Teen Chick Lit Challenge is your chance to read some fabulous teen chick lit books with other chick lit fans. The challenge runs from January 1, 2010 through December 31, 2010. Here’s how to play:



1) Grab the official 10 in ‘10 Teen Chick Lit Challenge logo above and put it on your site with a link back to this page to let people know you’re playing.


2) Choose 10 teen chick lit books to read in 2010. Or select the ones you know you want to read and leave the rest of your list open to see what comes your way in 2010. (We’ll be talking about the great teen chick lit books we’ve read each month, so you may find some new ones that catch your eye!)

To get the full story go on the challenge click here to be taken to Kay Cassidy's post about it.  - HINT HINT, there will be prizes linked to this challenge :)

Why I'm doing this challenge
About a month ago one of my students asked for help looking for a new book to read.  She said she didn't want any of that "fake" stuff.  She wanted to story to be possible.  So basically no witches, werewolves, fairies, magic, vampires, shape shifters etc! I began looking through my classroom library and a huge realization hit me - my classroom library and my own reading severely lacked realistic "chick lit" fiction.  When I saw this challenge I knew it was the perfect way to get more of this type of book into my reading "diet". 

Here are the 10 books I plan to read but I can change if new books come up:

Cracked Up to Be by Courtney Summers
I'd Tell You I'd Love You but then I'd Have to Kill You by Ally Carter
Leaving Paradise by Simone Elkeles
Just Listen by Sarah Dessen
Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson
The Sky Always Hears Me and the Hills Don't Mind by Kirstin Cronn-Mills
Sweethearts by Sara Zarr
Willow by Julia Hoban
When It Happens by Susane Colasansti
Perfect Chemistry by Simone Elkeles

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe I haven't read any of these! Happy New Year :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to have you on board, Jill! I absolutely love Ally's Gallagher Girls series, so I can't wait to hear your thoughts on that one in particular. Be sure to link your post in via Mr. Linky (at the bottom of the challenge post on my site) so everyone can see your awesome choices. Happy New Year and happy reading!

    ReplyDelete