December 30, 2009

Flashback Challenge!

First and update on the Holiday Break reading Challenge I'm participating in.  As of today I have fnished 5 books (the 5th being The Adoration of Jenna Fox)! My goal was five, so I've made my goal!!!

Now to more year-round challenges. I've already signed up to do the 2010 Debut Author Challenge run by The Story Siren, but there is one more I want to do for sure.  It's the Flashback Challenge at Book Lust.   Here's what the challenge is (from the Book Lust site)

The Flashback Challenge will run from January 1, 2010 - December 31, 2010. If you're super-excited and want to reread a book before that, feel free, and let me know. If many people do so, then I'll do a December challenge linky post and you can all link to it here. Otherwise, we can hold them over to January.



You can sign up for the following levels:
Bookworm - Up to three books
Scholar - Four to six books
Literati - Over six books


Within these levels, we have mini-challenges! These are:
1. Re-read a favorite book from your childhood
2. Re-read a book assigned to you in high school
3. Re-read a book you loved as an adult


Thus, if you sign up for the Bookworm level, you could ostensibly choose to read one book from each mini-challenge. Or you could choose to do none of the above (though, granted, not sure what you could have possibly read that does not fit into either childhood, high school or adulthood).


Also, would just like to make clear that this isn't specifically limited to books you loved reading previously and want to reread. It could also be a book you don't remember enjoying. Or just don't remember reading. It might be interesting to see how your perceptions may have changed.

Here is my plan:

I'm going for Bookworm: At least 3 books and filling each mini challenge category.
1. Re-read a favorite book from your childhood: The Cricket of Time Square

2. Re-read a book assigned to you in high school: Either Red Badge of Courage or The Jungle
3. Re-read a book you loved as an adult: Harry Potter bok 7 - I missed so much of this book because I read it about 5 weeks after my youngest was born, so I was trying to sqeeze it in during his sleeping!

2 comments:

  1. You can't beat Harry Potter! Good luck with the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooo Narnia is my favorite vintage place to visit :)

    ReplyDelete