NOW CLOSED. THANKS EVERYONE. WINNER WILL BE POSTED SOON.
As most of you already know, October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month. The fight against breast cancer is a very personal one for me. My mother is a survivor. My mother-in-law is a survivor. I am a survivor. To help support the fight I’m asking you to do several things.
- Remind every woman you know to do self exams. Please ignore the idea that self exams aren’t worth it. They are. I found mine at age 32 – if I had waited for a mammogram it would’ve been far too late.
- If you are the right age, get your yearly mammogram.
- If something is found, pursue it until you have answers.
- Toss aside the idea that “no one in my family had it, so I won’t get it”. It is only a small portion of women that have a genetic link. Your single largest risk factor is being a woman.
- Go to The Breast Cancer Site daily and click. You can help women get mammograms when they otherwise wouldn’t be able to afford one.
- If you buy something pink this month, think before you buy. Look at the package. Is the company actually giving a portion of the proceeds to help fund breast cancer research? Be careful of thing put out that just happen to be pink. They may do nothing for the fight.
If you promise to do those things you are welcome to sign up for a small breast cancer awareness give-away that I’m having. You’ll win:
Journal with bookmark
+1 for promising
+1 for tweeting about The Breast Cancer Site. No need to prove it. If you’re going to lie about that, there isn’t much I can do!
Make sure to leave an email. If you don’t feel comfortable leaving it, feel free to email it to me.
Ends in 2 weeks so October 20th