The Q and A was great. I learned a lot about Maggie, her life and her writing process. Here are a few things:
- she legally changed her name when she was 16 years old
- she was homeschool, so loves going to schools so she can steal characters for her books
- she wrote Shiver because she cried at The Time Traveler's Wife and wanted to make people cry
- after writing Shiver she had to write Ballad to counter act the sweetness of Shiver. She said she had to burn someone at the stake!
- she is full of energy and had us all laughing several times. I think if I spent the day with her, she'd wear me out!
After the questions they all stayed to sign books. I had Maggie sign all three Shiver, Lament and Ballad. I also bought the books by the other two authors, Margaret Willey and Kirsten Cronn-Mills because they both sounded great. I'll be highlighting Kirsten Cronn-Mills at some point. I read the first few pages of her book The Sky Always Hears Me and was hooked!
And this last pic is to enter Maggie's incrediable give-away. Go here to see what it is!