November 20, 2017

Review: Random Illustrated Facts

Title: Random Illustrated Facts: A Collection fo Curious, Weird and Totally Not Boring Things to Know
Author: Mike Lowery

A collection of illustrated trivia unlike any other. From glow-in-the-dark cats to Jupiter's diamond showers to the link between dancing goats and the discovery of coffee, here are up to 100 obscure and fascinating facts brought to life in Mike Lowery's quirky, hilarious style. Each illustrated fact is paired with a handwritten web of related tidbits, recreating an entertaining dive down a trivia rabbit hole. 



What a fun little book!!!!! I can see kids loving this book and laughing at parts of it.  My 10 year old saw it and was immediately drawn to it, so I know it's one kids would enjoy.  Honestly I can see leaving it in the car, so on trips the kids could pick it up and flip through it. I can see the random facts spurring more conversation about different topics. 

Oh and the illustrations - so, so fun!! I love the colors too. It's made with muted bright colors (yes I know that doesn't sound right), but that's what it is.  And it almost looks like someone  just sat down a created doodles for the whole thing.  It gives it a fun whimsical look. Well done!

For the library:  YES! 
Best for ages: ANY! 

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely love books like this. Thanks for the heads up.

    ReplyDelete