September 22, 2015

You Just Don't Understand! Rebel Belle by Rachel Hawkins

For YJDU I like to remind you of a great book that I just don't feel people get how good it is.

Today I'm sharing:

Rebel Belle by Rachel Hawkins
Harper Price, peerless Southern belle, was born ready for a Homecoming tiara. But after a strange run-in at the dance imbues her with incredible abilities, Harper's destiny takes a turn for the seriously weird. She becomes a Paladin, one of an ancient line of guardians with agility, super strength and lethal fighting instincts.

Just when life can't get any more disastrously crazy, Harper finds out who she's charged to protect: David Stark, school reporter, subject of a mysterious prophecy and possibly Harper's least favorite person. But things get complicated when Harper starts falling for him—and discovers that David's own fate could very well be to destroy Earth.


I read this book awhile ago.  I didn't review it on the blog (it was when I wasn't sure I was going to keep blogging) so instead I reviewed it on Goodreads.  

I LOVED this book.  If you haven't read it you should.  I just recently got the sequel and will be diving into it next.  

Here's my review from Goodreads:

I'm going to keep this short - I LOVED it. Super fun (and funny at points). I've read the Hex Hall series by Rachel Hawkins and really liked them, so I was excited to see she had a new book out. Glad I picked it up and read it. My favorite part - the main character Harper. I just loved her. From her precise dress and refusal to swear she was fantastic. I loved how stubborn she was, and how through this all she was always smart and in charge. She was just great! But what I liked was that there was still a depth to her. She could've come across as this girl that did nothing but care about outward appearances and making sure everything was perfect. Harper went beyond that especially when looking at what her family went through when her sister died. And in a way that I could totally buy into, she completely accepts what happened and pushes forward in the way she thinks is best.

The pace of the book was great. Not too slow or fast. I never felt like the book was dragging or that it skipped steps. I pretty much tore through the book in about 2 days!

Lastly David Stark - liked him a lot although I had trouble picturing some of the outfits he is supposed to be wearing. That's just be tho - if I can't see that combination in real life I have troubling seeing it in my mind! His reaction to the whole situation was great as well.

Overall great book! Can't wait for the sequel. Too bad it's not out until next April!
 



Here's the sequel:


and soon book #3:




No comments:

Post a Comment