November 9, 2012

Team Owl Review: Fracture



Title: Fracture
Author: Megan Miranda

Eleven minutes passed before Delaney Maxwell was pulled from the icy waters of a Maine lake by her best friend Decker Phillips. By then her heart had stopped beating. Her brain had stopped working. She was dead. And yet she somehow defied medical precedent to come back seemingly fine. Everyone wants Delaney to be all right, but she knows she's far from normal. Pulled by strange sensations she can't control or explain, Delaney finds herself drawn to the dying. Is her altered brain now predicting death, or causing it?

Then Delaney meets Troy Varga, who recently emerged from a coma with similar abilities. At first she's reassured to find someone who understands the strangeness of her new existence, but Delaney soon discovers that Troy's motives aren't quite what she thought. Is their gift a miracle, a freak of nature-or something much more frightening?



This Team Owl Review is in the form of an interview.

Why did you decide to pick up this book and read it?
I decided to read this book because my language arts teacher told the class about it and she had just gotten it so I decided to try it out. It sounded like a suspenseful book and it got a lot of good reviews.

Did you like the book? Please explain why you liked it or not.
I loved this book! There is a lot of stuff going on but it's a page-turner and you can't stop! It's not ANYTHING you'd expect at ALL! It's a book about love, relationships, teenagers, suspense, and curiosity. You get the full package with this book! :)

Tell me what you thought of the main character(s). Did you like him/her/them? Did you like how they acted/reacted to events in the story?
I think since the main characters are teenagers, the author made a good job of making it seem like an actual teenager and her thoughts and feelings and things she goes through. Delaney goes through a lot with her friends and emotions and family after her accident and I love how Decker is a caring friend, even as a guy.

What part did you like the best and why?
The part I loved the most was either when she explained what had happened during her accident and at the end, Troy's accident.

Would you recommend this book to a friend?
I definitely would recommend this book to people of all ages because it's a nonstop page-turner and it tells a really good story and plot line.

Tell me anything else about the book and your opinion of it that you want to share!
I thought it was a magnificent story to be told and it definitely made an impact on my life and how I think about related events in my life and others!

Thanks for your thoughts.  Every student I've had that had picked this book up and read it has LOVED it!


3 comments:

  1. I loved Fracture. I've read lots of YA suspense novels this past year and this was my favorite, hands down. And the author is a very nice person, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to try this one. I want it badddd!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooo, I've heard of this book before and it sounds fascinating. Another one to add to the TBR list. Thanks, Jill! And thanks, Team Owl!

    ReplyDelete