November 29, 2012

Take Your Child to a Bookstore Day! Love it!!!


Did you know that Saturday is:

Take Your Child to a Bookstore Day

Love, love, love this!  
My kids love going to bookstores.  They always know I can't say no to a new book :) 
And I'm a firm believer that kids need their own books in their house.  Of course if you can't afford them there is always the library!

Here's a bit about it taken from the website.


Take Your Child to a Bookstore Day began when my children were little and I was going to story time at bookstores nearly every week. Did all children know the pleasure of spending time in a bookstore? I wondered. Of being drawn into a magic world for a while, then being left to choose treasures on the shelf? I wanted to begin a holiday that would expose as many kids as possible to this joy.

But Take Your Child to a Bookstore Day quickly became bigger than one mother and her children. Bloggers and book lovers took it viral across the web, carried posters into bookstores, and welcomed me and my family to local bookstores when we traveled cross country last summer.

Now we are busily adding stores, helping support celebrations on the Day, and leading people to the wonderful places we have found. In the future, Take Your Child to a Bookstore may offer grants for children who can't visit a bookstore on their own, or perhaps there will be internships for kids who want one day to own a bookstore. Because the sky is the limit when there is a book!

To find out more and see a list of bookstores participating check out the site:


I'd love to take mine to our favorite children bookstore in St. Paul - The Red Balloon.  Or maybe we'll checkout the bookstore - The Bookcase.  We haven't been there yet!

3 comments:

  1. I think it's awesome. I will so do this with my daughter when she's a bit older. I can say no to books for me but I can never say no to books for her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh... thanks for sharing. Going to tweet this info!

    ReplyDelete