November 5, 2012

Cover Crush: Shadowlands by Kate Brian


I love book covers. Love love love them! I've been known to drag my sister around Barnes and Noble and show her all the covers I like. I'll hunt down certain students in the morning because I know they'll love a cover as much as me. I really think I develop a crush on certain covers!


Today I'm crushing on:


I just really like this cover.  I think it's coloring. I don't see many books this color, so my eye is drawn to it.

Love the sound of the story as well!

Rory Miller had one chance to fight back and she took it. Rory survived… and the serial killer who attacked her escaped. Now that the infamous Steven Nell is on the loose, Rory must enter the witness protection with her father and sister, Darcy, leaving their friends and family without so much as a goodbye. 

Starting over in a new town with only each other is unimaginable for Rory and Darcy. They were inseparable as children, but now they can barely stand each other. As the sisters settle in to Juniper Landing, a picturesque vacation island, it seems like their new home may be just the fresh start they need. They fall in with a group of beautiful, carefree teens and spend their days surfing, partying on the beach, and hiking into endless sunsets. But just as they’re starting to feel safe again, one of their new friends goes missing. Is it a coincidence? Or is the nightmare beginning all over again?

3 comments:

  1. I love it too for some reason. So striking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this cover too-the only thing is that it makes me think paranormal whereas the synopsis and what I've heard suggest that it is just contemporary. Either way I really want to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. More crows!!! (or poss. ravens). They really are doing well for themselves viz book covers these days....

    ReplyDelete