July 23, 2012

Cover Crush: Paper Valentine


I love book covers.  Love love love them! I've been known to drag my sister around Barnes and Noble and show her all the covers I like. I'll hunt down certain students in the morning because I know they'll love a cover as much as me.  I really think I develop a crush on certain covers!

Today I'm crushing on:


I absolutely love this cover!!! I'm drawn to black and white covers, so this one caught me right away.  But wow - look at the design in the dress. Do you see the snake-like thing?? What is that and why? Why the storm clouds? It's just amazing.

Thoughts??

PAPER VALENTINE, in which a girl haunted by the troubled ghost of her best friend finds herself sucked into a darkly mesmerizing string of murders, in which a serial killer who leaves a paper-heart 'valentine' on his victims' bodies draws ever closer.

6 comments:

  1. Me too! So neat. I love it. Reminds me of a lady I met once that still makes paper cut out silhouettes by hand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is an exquisite cover and I love the pop of color from the red heart. Looking forward to finding out more about the plot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This cover is absolutely GORGEOUS! So different! Still haven't read any of this author's work though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know . . . it's so . . . creepy! But if the tone of the book is dark, then it totally fits. *small voice* But I don't see the snake thing . . .

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adore it, I really do. It's just fabulous. I would buy this book just for the cover! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this cover too.

    ReplyDelete