NEW O.W.L. Layout and IMM

Owl of the Week: My NEW BLOG DESIGN!

Ok everyone I'm sure most of you have noticed the new design and layout.  After sharing the two I found a few weeks ago and looking around, I decided it was time to get my own look.  I wanted a layout that was all mine (both of the two options before were at other blogs).  After looking at several blog designers for one I felt created designs closest to my style I picked Custom Blog Designs.  She was fantastic!  I got on the waiting list and within a few days she was ready for me.  We emailed back and forth a ton.  I didn't like any of the digital kits with owl - they weren't my style - so we were working with stock images.  When I saw the image with my header I was in love! It was colorful but not overly so.  It was cute but not little kiddish.  It was perfect.  And it was even more perfect when I found the two owls winking at each other to use as well.  Within just a few days, Diana had the whole thing ready to upload.  It couldn't have gone better!

I just love my new look, and I hope you do to. I've been looking at it trying to figure out what part I like the most, but I can't!  Having a navigation bar now is great though.  I'll be working on making those really useful especially "For the Guys" and "Reviews".  I even have a button now (hint hint).  If you are looking for a new blog design I suggest you check out Diana at Custom Blog Designs.

Ok now for IMM.  In My Mailbox is the time to share what I got in the mail, from the library or bought. It is hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren

This week I got:


For Review
Hades (Halo #2) by Alexandra Adornetto

Won
R My Name is Rachel by Patricia Reilly Giff

From PaperBack Swap
Moon Over Manifest by Clare Vanderpool - audio book

16 comments

Juju at Tales of Whimsy.com said...

OMG so cute. I love it! Bravo!

Can't wait for your take on Hades.

Mel (He Followed Me Home) said...

Loving the new look! My son loves the Amulet series, hope #4 is good!

Natalie Aguirre said...

I really love your new design. Can't wait to hear your thoughts on the Amulet series. I haven't read it.

Jana said...

I love the new layout!

Vy (Vy's Blog) said...

I really like your new blog design! Very cute :)

Alyssa@Teens Read and Write said...

Love the new look! Happy Reading!

RhiannonPaille said...

Love the new look! Very chique! And that's a nice group of books you've got there!

Mundie Moms said...

I LOVE the new lay out!!

Emily said...

The new layout is gorgeous- congratulations! :D

cat said...

Lovely new layout. I have to admit, I have been enjoying coming here and seeing all the different layouts recently. ha! Added magic to the book reviews!

That Amulet series looks interesting. Must look into it further.

Nevey ♦ Berry said...

I love your new layout. WONDERFUL.

I wish you happy reading.

Ms. Yingling said...

Sometimes it's nice to have someone else do the work, isn't it? It does look great, and I love your snazzy new owls!

Mrs.Tiye said...

From one owl lover to another, I LOVE the new look!!

kay - Infinite Shelf said...

Beautiful new design! I absolutely love it!

Lily Child said...

I LOVE your new design! I'll add your button right now! :)

Andrea said...

Very cute new design! Love the owl and the colors

Back to Top