April 4, 2011

Cover Crush: Betrayal by Mayandree Michel

I adore book covers.  Honestly I truly love and adore them.  It amazes me how beautiful and intriguing they can be.  I do think I develop crushes on certain covers :)  

Today I am crushing on:

Betrayal by Mayandree Michel


Could this cover be any prettier???? The gold colors are something I don't see on a cover too often, so that immediately attracts my attention.  But then it's all in the dress! Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous!  Lastly I'm super curious about the light around her hands.  Why is it there?  What does it mean? LOVE IT ALL!!!

Summary from Goodreads
 At seventeen, Cordelia is an ordinary teen with an extraordinary and frightening secret. A secret that induces vivid dreams which she not only experiences true love, but crippling fear while barely escaping with her life each night.

After a life altering event, Cordelia has an unexpected encounter with Evan, the mysterious boy from her dreams, who reveals who and what she is – a descendant of the Greek gods. At that moment everything she knows of her world is a lie, and she must leave the present and go into the past to assume the role she was put on this earth for – safeguarding her ancient empire amidst evil forces that toil hastily to destroy it.

In a race against time, Cordelia must decide if she is truly a part of this dangerous world, or risk defying the gods, and ultimately lose the boy who has put a claim on her heart.

9 comments:

  1. I agree, this one is definitely gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous. Makes me want to go to a costume ball.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that's a great cover! I will look for this book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's gorgeous! Plus the book is only 0,99$ for kindle right now. I bought a copy today =P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful cover! Greek gods must be the "new" thing in YA.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Totally gorgeous! I thought I saw this on amazon for .99 ebook. Hrm.

    http://www.amazon.com/Betrayal-The-Descendants-ebook/dp/B004UB42PE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1301961440&sr=8-1

    ReplyDelete
  7. I downloaded it for my Nook just now for. 99 :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you to everyone for your enthusiasm over the cover!

    ReplyDelete