March 28, 2011

Cover Crush: Delirium

I love book covers.  I really really do.  Even my students know how much I love them.  I'll share a new book and go on and on about the cover.  Or I'll search out a few students in the morning to show it to them.  They laugh at me but they get it.  They also get that a "bad" cover is - well just bad!

Currently I'm crushing on:

Delirium
by Lauren Oliver


When I first saw this cover way back and bloggers started buzzing about,  I thought it was kind of boring.  But then I got a post card of it in with the ARC of Delirium I got (with a super bad cover).  All of a sudden I saw it - the face! How did I miss that before?  Did the early versions not have it??? Now I can't stop looking at it.  And the first time I saw it in person - WOW! It just holds my attention. If you ever see a woman in the bookstore just holding up this book and staring at it - that would be me! I have a copy of the ARC - without the cover - and I really really think I'm going to have to buy the book just to get this pretty pretty cover. 

Do you do that? Do you buy a book you already own just because you like the new cover better??

Oh and look at the French cover!



Cover Crush was inspired by the great bloggers of The Book Worms who started Cover Crazy.

12 comments:

  1. I think this cover is super unique. I really appreciated that they avoided the current cover trends and went with something completely original.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love covers too! I totally throw the rule "don't judge a book by it's cover" out the window when I'm standing in a bookstore!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omg! There is a face imprisoned behind the title font. How crazy is that!!! I've looked at this cover so many times and never once noticed it. Thanks for bringing it to my attention! Now I can stop checking it out. A cover I used to think was dull and boring now is very intriguing to me. Oh and the French cover is even more to swoon about.

    Ps Welcome to Cover Crazy! Looking forward to more of your posts in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am probably going to get slack for this but I am not a fan of this cover. It's pretty sure, and I love how the jacket comes off to reveal the girl underneath but I really loved the arc cover.

    ReplyDelete
  5. At first, I didn't like the cover. I could see the girl behind the title, but I didn't like the blue. I thought, at the time, the image was completely flat and just part of her face in the title and this crazy blue color that wasn't eye-catching.

    Then I saw the book in person. OMG, it's GORGEOUS. That shade of blue is beautiful! The girl suddenly makes sense because you can pull the jacket off and "free" her. I especially love the spine.

    Such a pretty cover!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok so I'm lame! I've never opened the book up and seen what you all are talking about. I've just eyed the cover. NOw I have to go look at it agian!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I liked this cover even better when I got my copy. It's all shiny like! And like you I totally missed seeing the girl for a loong time :P

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow! I like the French cover even better! Cool! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I thought this was a unique cover since her face is behind the front flap thing haha and I have to agree that the french cover is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just bought this. I'm jealous you got the ARC. The cover, especially for YA, I think is brilliant. I love looking at it too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sometimes I do buy a book based on the cover. The Shifter by Janice Hardy is one that I did buy based on its gorgeous cover. Delirium is on my stack to read.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I had never thought of the girl being imprisoned by the font, but that is such an interesting way to look at it. I love this book! Nice choice. I am a new follower. :)

    Reading Lark's Cover Crazy

    ReplyDelete