February 10, 2010

Waiting to Read Feb 10th: Sweethearts

Robbie over at Boy With Books started this meme, and it fits my Wednesday needs better. Each week we share a book in our TBR pile that we just haven't gotten to yet, but we really want to read it or a book that's already out that we really look forward to reading.

The book I want to read this week is:
Sweethearts by Sara Zarr
 
 
From Goodreads:
As children, Jennifer Harris and Cameron Quick were both social outcasts. They were also one another's only friend. So when Cameron disappears without warning, Jennifer thinks she's lost the only person who will ever understand her. Now in high school, Jennifer has been transformed. Known as Jenna, she's popular, happy, and dating, everything "Jennifer" couldn't be---but she still can't shake the memory of her long-lost friend.


When Cameron suddenly reappears, they are both confronted with memories of their shared past and the drastically different paths their lives have taken.

Will someone please tell me why I haven't read this book yet?????? Everytime I read the summary I'm like "this sounds sooooooooooo good!". (oh and the cover makes me want a cookie)

I found what I believe is the German cover for it.  What do you think?


6 comments:

  1. The German cover is really pretty. This is one of my favourite books. It's a very beautiful story centering on friendship. You should read it for sure! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the blurb. The German cover looks like a film tie in. I prefer the US one I think.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooo what a pretty cover! I totally love the German one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I gave you an award. Check it out at my library blog: russelllibrary.blogspot.com.
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Having read this book, the German cover fits the storyline a bit better than the American version, however, I was moved to buy the book because of the American cover. It's just more creative and yummy-looking!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweethearts is one of my favorite books EVER. It is AMAZING. I really can't gush about it enough but you'll have to read it for yourself to see if you agree.

    The German cover is great, but I'm sad they changed the title... I love the title Sweethearts so much.

    ReplyDelete