November 30, 2009

New Book Mondays Nov 30

Every Monday I highlight books being published this week. I try, whenever possible, to focus on one young adult and one middle grade book. I also briefy share what "new" book I've started reading this week.


What I Wore to Save the World by Maryrose Wood

This one sounds like it's gonna be good.  I hadn't heard much about this series until I started blogging.  Glad I found them!

From Goodreads
Third in the fabulous series that started with Why I Let My Hair Grow Out


Senior year's coming up fast and Morgan still has no clue about college, or a career-the whole rest of-her-life thing is basically a blank. Maybe it's because she spent her junior year obsessing about Colin, the hot Irish guy she fell for last summer (that was right around the same time she discovered she's a half- goddess from the days of Irish lore... you had to be there). She even saved Colin from a nasty enchantment, but he doesn't know that. Colin doesn't believe in magic, not even a little.


But then a mysterious message reunites her with Colin, who turns out to be caught up in the biggest faery-made disaster ever. We're talking the end of reality-not just reality TV. To save the world, she's going to have to tell Colin the truth about her half-goddess mojo. But if he doesn't believe in magic, how will he ever believe in her?



My "new" read this week is Powerless by Matthew Cody

It's about a kid that moves to a town where he discovers that several of the kids have superpowers.  The problem - their powers are being taken away from them.  So far it has been really good.  Watch for a review. 

4 comments:

  1. What I Wore to Save the World is definitely on my TBR list! I gave you an award at my blog: http://cornucopiaofreviews.blogspot.com/2009/11/award-nominations-of-my-own.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. The girl on What I wore... looks so much like Amanda Bynes! I'm gonna look up Why I Let My Hair Grow Out, this series sounds interesting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it and I love the cover. Can't wait to see what you think.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love Maryrose Wood's books and those covers are SO gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete